Buzz-off, Buzz-word: “Strobing”

Don’t fall into the whole “strobing” clickbait trap. Strobing–which is just a fancy new word for “highlighting”–is what we were doing before contouring was a fad (and what some of us were doing while the rest of them were painting brown Instagram/Kardashian lines on their faces) and it is FAR from a new trend. It has been around for years and years, and it has been on-trend consistently since the 90s broke out of the mattes and into dewier skins. It might have a catchy new name for the beauty editors, but it is nothing new to your friendly, neighborhood makeup artists.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: